Sanitation & Recycling
Garbage and Recycling
$15.50/month for Residential Garbage
- Put garbage out on curb in tightly sealed plastic bags on Friday mornings.
- The city offers free cleanup days in the spring and fall for larger items and yard waste.
- Dumpsters are available for extra charge.
$20.50/month for commercial garbage (basic)
- Fees depend on volume and number of pickups.
- Commerical dumpster pickup is every Tuesday.
Recycling is provided by Waste Management and billed through the city.
$4.98/month for residential (all residents participate)
$6.84/month for commercial recycling (optional participation)
- Corrugated cardboard recycling is available behind the city shop.
- Recycling is picked up on the 2nd Tuesday of every month unless the 1st day of the month falls on a Tuesday and then the pick up date is the 3rd Tuesday. See calendar for full schedule.
- Green recycling totes need to be out on street curbs (not alleyways) by 8 am the day of pick up.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are the garbage collection days?
Garbage collection is every Friday, unless it conflicts with a holiday. When it lands on a holiday a replacement pickup day will be shared.
When is recycling pick up?
Recycling is picked up the 2nd Tuesday of the month unless the first day of the month is a Tuesday and then pickup is the 3rd Tuesday. See recycling calendar for full schedule.